Essay on Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD)
The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) is a strategic dialogue between United States (USA), Japan, Australia and India. This dialogue was initiated in 2007 by prime minister Shinzo Abe of Japan. QUAD formation is a significant move to combat China’s assertiveness. Quad is also know as ‘Mini NATO’ or ‘Asian’ in Indo Pacific region. Quad group’s intent is to keep the critical sea routes in the Indo Pacific free of any influence especially of China. The quad group works to tackle common challenges of terrorism and proliferation.
- Recently the four countries participated in Malabar Exercise, 2020 started in 1992 as a naval exercise between India and US and later saw participation of Japan and Australia.
- The Quad grouping is significantly important for India. It has deepen India’s ties with US, Australia and Japan with benefits in diplomatic leverage and sharing of burden in defense.
- Working with USA and its allies, India can get benefits in shaping of USA policies in Afghanistan Pakistan according to our need.
- Japan being a country with fastest technology can provide India with various such techniques which can help to establish various Industries and therefore, more employment opportunities can be generated.
- USA too being proficient in space research will provide benefits in the development of India by collaborating between NASA and ISRO on different space projects. India has been regular participant of Quad military exercise.
- India’s strategic needs with quad is to keep check on China’s expansionist policy and keep a hold in Indian ocean. It also directly impact on economic relationship with China.
- China being the largest trading partner of India with 77 billion dollars two way trade, also 95% active pharmaceutical ingredients and electronics comes from China.
- Quad nations cannot provide military support to each other in case of conflict with third party i.e. India & China conflict. The Quad nations must evolve a clear strategy to advance security and economic interests.
- The Quad nations need to better explain Indo Pacific vision with objective of advancing economic and security interests of ASEAN nations to counter China effectively.
- Quad can be used for any search and rescue operation in Indo Pacific region. One of the basic goals of Quad is to ensure free and safe navigation of trade routes in the region by combined naval power of all the nations.
Moreover, India can build collective action in humanitarian assistance and disaster management, monitoring shipping for anti piracy operations and infrastructure assistance to vulnerable sectors. India should also develop comprehensive vision to engage its strategic partners and further expand Quad. In order to secure its national and regional interests, India should focus more on maritime sphere and should molt its ‘neighbor-hood first policy’ to maintain stability and peace in the region.
India US relations essay | Essay on India US relationships
“When diplomacy ends, war begins” is a popular statement of Adolf Hitler. It is seen that most of the wars begin due to toxic relationship between two or more nations. That is why the diplomatic relationship is strategically very important for every country. India US relations have become multi-faceted and covering cooperation in many areas as of trade, defense and security, edu-cation, science and technology, civil nuclear energy, space technology, environment, and health.
- There is regular contacts at political and official levels on bilateral, regional and global issues. India is a developing country and have a huge market which is a big opportunity for all developed countries like USA.
- US is also important for India in terms of resolving the issues regarding internal security and terrorism from neighbouring countries.
- US is a major export hub of India and imports crude oil and hydrocarbons. USA is also a home of around 4 million Indians and we get huge amount of remittance from them.
- We can also see lots of Indians who took various constitutional post in US government. India and US relations weren’t that productive and saw many ups and downs.
- Following Independence US took the side of Pakistan, in 1962 US assisted India in Indo-China war. US didn’t support India in Bangla-desh Liberation war 1971, US condemned India when it performed its first nuclear test which is known as Smiling Buddha, at Pokhran.
- The US has partnered with India for Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (Quad), also participated in Malabar exercise. A new ‘2+2’ foreign and defence ministers dialogue between India & US started which focuses on bilateral, regional and global issues of mutual interests.
- The Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement (BECA) accredit both the countries to share geospatial information on maps and satellites for defence purposes.
- India-US strong strategic partnership is also based on an idea of “shared values” of democracy, rule of law, religious freedom and protection of minorities.
- However, the revocation of Article 370, the new citizenship law and the NRC is testing this “shared values” principle. Along with these friendly exchanges, India-US relationship also experiences some toxic movements.
US regularly point out human rights violation in Kashmir. India’s tariffs on imports are also considered as a hindrance to smoother trade. In international politics, there is no permanent friends or enemies, only permanent interests. In such a scenario India must continue to pursue its foreign policy. As partnership between India and US would bring gains to both sides in terms of GDP, employment, and productivity so both the governments must now try to complete the unfinished agreements regardless of the differences between them.
India US relations essay in english
India US relations have become multi-faceted and covering cooperation in many areas as of trade, defense and security, education, science and technology, civil nuclear energy, space technology, environment, and health. There is regular contacts at political and official levels on bilateral, regional and global issues. India and the US have thrown off the yoke of colonialism and have drafted the constitution that begins with the same three words : “ We the people”.
—– Barack Obama
Do you know when Christopher Columbus discovered America he actually thought it was India and called them Indians.
- A partnership between the world’s oldest democracy and the world’s largest democracy is best for both worlds.
- But India and US relations weren’t that productive and saw many ups and downs. Following Independence US took the side of Pakistan, in 1962 US assisted India in Indo-Sino war.
- US didn’t support India in Bangladesh Liberation war 1971, US condemned India when it performed its first nuclear test at Pokhran(Code-named: Smiling Buddha).
Convergence in Relations
- Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement(COMCASA), is a military agreement that allows both the nations to share and completely rely on the encrypted communications and equipment.
- A new ‘2+2’ foreign and defence ministers dialogue which focuses on bilateral, regional and global issues of mutual interests.
Placed Pakistan on the grey-list of the Financial Action Task Force and played a vital role in countering China.
- The Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement(BECA) accredit both the countries to share geospatial information on maps and satellites for defence purposes.
- The US has partnered with India for Quad, participated in Malabar exercise.
Divergence in Relations
Trade Deal : Trade has been a major altercation between both countries and US referred India as “tariff king” that imposes “tremendously high” import duties.
US-Pakistan Equation : US has softened its position on Pakistan in the last few months, due to the role Pakistan can play in the Afghan deal (between the US and the Taliban). In return, Pakistan wants the US support.
Internal Issues in India : India-US strong strategic partnership is also based on an idea of “shared values” of democracy, rule of law, religious freedom and protection of minorities. However, the revocation of Article 370, the new citizenship law and the NRC is testing this “shared values” principle.
In international politics, there are no permanent friends and no permanent enemies, only permanent interests. In such a scenario India must continue to pursue its foreign policy. India-US relation remains pivotal to reinforce the world order in the 21st century. As partnership would bring gains to both sides in terms of GDP, employment, and productivity the two governments must now strive to complete the unfinished agreements, regardless of the differences and enhance the
Essay on Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) Vs Cyber Security Challenges in India
Cyber security is nothing but protecting data, networks and other information from unauthorized access, partially or fully destruction or change. Cyber security can play a very important role in our day to day life because we all have online presence. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and few minutes of cyber incident to ruin it.” This statement presents a true picture about the same as we all are exposed to security threats and cyber attacks. In today’s world, many companies are developing different types of software to protect data.
- Cyber security is crucial in present time as it not only helps to secure information but also our system from virus attacks.
- It is also important because we have a huge user base i.e. after the United States and China, India has the highest number of internet users.
- Cyber threats can be of two types 1) Cybercrime, it is usually against individuals or corporates and 2) Cyberwarfare, it is against a state or a country.
- By using computer, internet, cellphone, other technical devices to commit a crime by any individual or a group is called cyber crime. Hackers use various software and codes to commit cyber crime.
- Hacking has become one of the major issues in India. Hacking denotes an activity of identifying weaknesses in a computer or a network to exploit the security for accessing personal or private information.
- Hackers often use a malware that usually appears in the form of codes and other software like worms, and adware.
- It may gather sensitive information or gain access to private computer. As the cyber threats have great potential it can be said that the future battles will not be fought on land or air but by using cyber attacks.
- For protecting us from the cyber attacks we can ensure our safety by using antivirus software and can also change our passwords time to time.
- Many password management tools are available now that can be used to keep track of all the passwords. Keeping our software up to date is also a way to protect us against cyber attacks.
- Cyber security is one of the biggest challenge due to today’s high internet penetration in our daily life. For enhancing the security of the communication and information technology, there is a need to develop a computer emergency response team.
Such team will help in collecting and analyzing the information on cyber incidents that will be used in forecasting and alerting the cyber security incidents. There should have sound cyber security strategies also for protecting the government organizations, the general public and the businesses. The government and other security agencies should spread awareness among the people regarding cyber security. People should also use proper antivirus software to protect their system from virus and malware attacks.
Essay on Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) Vs Internal Security Challenges in India
Internal security is the security that lies within the borders of a country. It ensures the maintenance of peace, law & order and protection of sovereignty within territory of a country. Internal security is different from external security. External security is considered as the security against aggression by a foreign country. Maintaining the external security is the responsibility of the armed forces of the country such as the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force in India.
- While internal security comes under the purview of the police, which can also be supported by the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) as per the requirement.
- In India, the internal security matters are governed by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). If we look at the past, India’s internal security problems have multiplied because of linguistic riots, inter-state disputes and ethnic tensions.
- Our country was forced to redefine its inter state boundaries due to linguistic riots in 1956. After that, the rise of Naxalism was also seen as a threat to internal security in India.
- At the time of independence, our country was under-developed. The country adopted the equitable and inclusive growth model for growth and development.
- This situation was exploited by various people or groups to pose a very dangerous challenge to the country’s internal security in the form of Naxalism and Left-Wing Extremism.
- Cyber security is the latest challenge that our country is facing these days. We could be the target of a cyberwar which can harm our security at any time.
- The growth in the use of internet has also shown that social media could play a vital role in spreading fake news and violence and thus can become a threat to our internal security.
- Border management is also important in reducing the threats to our internal security. A weak border management can result in infiltration of terrorists, illegal immigrants and smuggling of items like arms, drugs and counterfeit currency.
In the Global Terrorism Index 2020, India has been ranked at 8th place in the list of countries most affected by terrorism. India continues to deal with terrorist activity on different fronts like terrorism related to territorial disputes in J&K and secessionist movement in Assam. India needs to implement all of its national powers in a coordinated manner to address its security issues and this will happen only when we give national level importance to internal security in India.
Social media is a boon for human civilization because it has brought the whole world together at one place where individuals can share their views and ideas and such interactions are beneficial for the people as it helps in increasing social skills. In today’s world, technology has made our life easier because with the help of technology we can learn new things and meet new people. WhatsApp is one of the most important social applications which plays a major role in our daily life.
- Since then there has been a huge rise in the dounloads of its alternative apps including Signal. In response to global criticism, WhatsApp head Will Cathcart explained , with end-to-end encryption, they cannot see the users private chats or calls and neither can Facebook.
- WhatsApp has also given users time till 8th of February 2021 to accept the new terms and conditions. WhatsApp says it is collecting new information from users device such as Battery level, app version, browser information, mobile network, IP address and phone number etc.
- It also states that the data in some cases will be transferred to the US or other parts where Facebook’s affiliate companies are based.
- Privacy policies of different countries of the world have put different types of restrictions on business.
- They can not only restrict or object to a certain type of information used by the platform but also can withdraw their consent to WhatsApp for processing of data.
This new update has increased a lot of concern over the privacy of the people that use this application. Indian users are more vulnerable as there is no any data protection law in India. If India had a data protection law, WhatsApp would not have been able to launch this new policy update. It is high time that the government should initiate some digital awareness programs to make the public aware of the importance of digital privacy and also enforce new laws about the same.
Essay on Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) Vs Climate Change – Danger to the whole world
Climate change is a change in the climatic conditions on the Earth. There is a frequent variation in the weather however climate change is known to occur only if these variations last for a few decades. Change in the pattern of the climate on the Earth has become a global cause of concern. Researchers continually observe the pattern to understand the past, present as well as the future climatic conditions. A record of the climate has been accumulated and is updated regularly based on the geological evidences.
- There are a number of factors that have contributed towards weather change. These include the variations in solar energy received on the Earth, eruption of volcanoes, orbital changes and plate tectonics.
- Besides, a number of human activities have also led to the changes in the climatic conditions, particularly over the past few decades.
- The change that has taken place in the recent past is also referred to as outcome of global warming.
- The new age technology is adding to the emission of carbon on the planet which in turn is having a negative impact on the climate.
- Changes in the climatic conditions are also having a negative impact on the water system. It has resulted in the melting of glaciers and erratic rainfall patterns that in turn are leading to environmental imbalance.
- Man due to his need and greed has done many activities that not only harm the environment but himself too. Many plant and animal species go extinct due to human activity.
- Human activities that harm the climate include deforestation, using fossil fuel, industrial waste, a different type of pollution and many more.
- All these things damage the climate and ecosystem very badly. And many species of animals and birds got extinct or on a verge of extinction due to hunting. These climatic changes have a negative impact on the environment.
- The ocean level is rising, glaciers are melting, CO2 in the air is increasing, forest and wildlife are declining, and water life is also getting disturbed due to climatic changes.
- Apart from that, it is calculated that if this change keeps on going then many species of plants and animals will get extinct. And there will be a heavy loss to the environment
- If we do not do anything and things continue to go on like right now then a day in future will come when humans will become extinct from the surface of the earth.
- But instead of neglecting these problems we start acting on then we can save the earth and our future.
Although humans mistake has caused great damage to the climate and ecosystem. But, it is not late to start again and try to undo what we have done until now to damage the environment. As we discussed besides the natural forces, human activities have also contributed majorly to this change. It is important to take the climate change issue seriously and control human activities that are contributing towards this change.
Essay on Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) Vs Disaster Management – Best Way The Protect Ourselves
Disaster refers to any occurrence that can cause damage, ecological disruption, loss of human life or deterioration of health & health services. Disaster management is a constant phenomenon of mitigating the impact of the disaster. Disaster management requires collected and coordinated efforts. A number of activities need to be undertaken in the event of disaster to reduce its intensity at the certain extent. The process of disaster management include coordination, command and control, arrangement for drinking water and food material, sanitation and maintenance of law and order.
- The most vulnerable section in these disasters are the poor. Disaster management occupies an important place in this country’s policy framework as it is the poor and the under-privileged who are worst affected on account of calamities or disasters.
- It is the need of the hour that it is necessary to mobilize them towards preparedness for any emergency. Quick and timely response is essential in providing immediate relief and rescue operations, to save human lives as soon as possible.
- Each year, India faces a number of disasters like floods, earthquakes, tsunami, landslides, cyclones, droughts and more. When we look at the man-made disasters, India suffered the Bhopal Gas Tragedy as well as the plague in Gujarat.
- To stop these incidents from happening again, we need to strengthen our disaster management techniques to prevent destructive damage.
- Most importantly, one must understand that disaster management does not necessarily eliminate the threat completely but it decreases the impact of the disaster.
- It focuses on formulating specific plans to do so. The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in India is responsible for monitoring the disasters of the country.
- This organization runs a number of programs to mitigate the risks and increase the responsiveness. Proper disaster management can be done when we make the citizens aware of the precautionary measures to take when they face emergency situations.
- For instance, everyone must know we should hide under a bed or table whenever there is an earthquake. Thus, the NDMA needs to take more organized efforts to decrease the damage that disasters are causing.
- If all the citizens learn the basic ways to save themselves and if the government takes more responsive measures, we can surely save a lot of life and vegetation.
India has set up many departments and organizations for disaster management. These Include National Disaster Management Authority, National Remote Sensing Centre, Central Water Commission, etc. Disaster management has great importance in recent times. To handle any unforeseen situation efficiently, we need to be well-equipped with latest technologies. It cannot avoid the outbreak of disaster, but can mitigate its impact to a large extent.
Essay on Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) Vs Right to Privacy – Necessity of Present Time
The needs of human beings start from the most primary needs such as food, clothing and shelter to secondary needs such as education, work and recreation and further on to wants such as entertainment, good food, leisure travel, etc. The question that must be asked is where does privacy fit into all these needs and wants? A basic degree of privacy is a primary need in any civilized society. As the degree of privacy increases, it evolves into a secondary need and further to a want.
- Right to Privacy refers to respecting and ensuring the privacy of the individual. The Supreme Court has cut straight to the heart of the issue in the Aadhaar petitions.
- On behalf of all Indian citizens, it asks the current government to address the most basic questions in a democracy governed by the law: what are the privacy rights of its citizens and are they protected equally, with the same justice for the rich and the poor alike?
- The right to privacy suggests that it is completely the choice of an individual that which parts of his life he chooses to disclose to the society. Nobody has the right to interfere in someone’s life without his permission.
- Every individual has his private family and professional life and only he has the sole right to disclose it to others. Technological developments have greatly impacted the privacy of the people.
- Security and anti-terrorism are the hot topics for global governments that consider the privacy of individuals as a hindrance in their missions to fight terrorism.
- As a result, intelligence services are granted full rights to breach the security and privacy of the people thus ultimately prying into the life of people.
- Aadhar initiative requires collection of personal data from residents of India, and this has resulted in controversy regarding its potential to be missed.
- This is so because it requires collection of biometric details like iris scanning and finger prints which are essentially crucial details and could be misused.
- Cyber space is a vulnerable space and is prone to threat & cyber security architecture is also not very strong in India.
However, Aadhar in itself is a well-intentioned program so as to plug leakages and ensure financial inclusion. This will lead to better targeting of subsidies. With the use of the internet, in this age, social networks such as Facebook and Twitter are driving new forms of social interaction and the availability has raised privacy concerns. Towards this the government must strengthen cyber security system and assure by means of legislation that private details would be maintained private against violation of right to privacy.
Essay on Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) Vs Virtual Currency – The Future of Currency
Bitcoin is a digital currency that is widely known for its creator’s anonymity. It is a kind of virtual currency which was launched as an open source software in 2009. Its creator whose identity to this day remains unknown, goes by the name Satoshi Nakamoto. Since its inception, virtual currency, has grown in both its popularity and its use. It is the first decentralized digital currency, as the system works without a central bank or single administrator.
- Bitcoin is often referred to as a “virtual currency” or “cryptocurrency.” All transfers of bitcoin are verified and recorded on a public ledger known as the block chain.
- It is an electronic or digital currency that works on a peer-to-peer basis. Like currency notes, it can be sent from one person to another.
- The beauty of this cryptocurrency is that if you receive a bitcoin from another, you can be as sure of the payment as you would on receiving physical currency notes, with the same anonymity ascribed to it.
- This anonymity is lacking in other forms of digital payment such as online banking or e-wallets. You can send bitcoins digitally to anyone who has a bitcoin address anywhere in the globe.
- One person could have multiple addresses for different purposes. Receivers can get to spend them within minutes of receiving the coins.
It is to be noted that cryptocurrency transactions are settled immediately without any third-party approvals. With recognition at universal level, cryptocurrencies can be accessed by everyone. As India moves to digitize much of its financial services and parts of its consumer market, cryptocurrencies offer a new, dynamic addition to the Digital India project.
Essay on Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) Vs Technological Development in India
India is emerging as a superpower in the world. Being a fast-developing nation, the country is making its way through the hurdles to gain a bright future in terms of science and technology. Indian society is quite eager to accept technology into their day-to-day life. The modern age is the age of science, technology, knowledge and information. New inventions in the field of science and technology are emerging from Indian students and experts, making the country to gain limelight in the world.
- Modern gadgets are introduced in every walk of life, making life easier and solving many problems.
- The growth of technology today is sure to experience a boom for the country in future in almost all the sectors such as education, infrastructure, electricity, aviation, medicine, information technology and other fields.
- They are well equipped and staffed to secure the people of the nation. But there is no room for complacency in this field and we are yet a developing country.
- In the field of agriculture, our scientific and technological researches have enabled us to be self-reliant and self-sufficient in food grains.
- In the field of defense also our achievements have been quite laudable. The successful production of such missiles as Prithvi and Nag testify to the high capabilities and achievements of our scientists.
- Science and technology are inter dependent, these are two completely distinct fields of study. Science contributes to technology in several ways.
- It is the knowledge of science that gives way to new and innovative ideas to build different technological tools.
- The research and experiments conducted in science laboratories lead to the designing of various technological techniques and devices.
- Knowledge about science also helps in understanding the impact of technology on the environment and the society.
Technology on the other hand extends the agenda of science. When the ideas are put to use, the scientists are inspired and motivated to research and experiment further to come up with newer ideas. We have been successful in producing night-vision devices required for our indigenous tanks. Obviously, technology has been used effectively as a tool and instrument of national development and yet much remains to be achieved in order to make its benefits reach the masses.
Essay on Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) Vs Global Warming – Growing danger to the world
Global warming refers to the rise in surface temperature of the earth due to the green-house effect created by green-house gases. Global warming is a big environmental and social issue all over the world. It is believed that increasing level of carbon dioxide gas and other greenhouse gases on the earth are the main reasons of heating the atmosphere of earth. If it is not noticed and solved immediately it would cause end of life on the earth. Global warming is the main and only reason of rising sea level, flooding, changes in weather patterns, storms, cyclone, lack of food etc.
- It has been researched that increasing emissions of CO2 in the atmosphere is the cause of the nonstop burning of fossil fuels, usage of fertilizers, cutting forests, extra use of electricity, gases used in refrigerator etc.
- Ozone layer causes protection to the earth surface by inhibiting the harmful sun rays to coming to the earth.
- Gradually declining ozone layer is the big indication of increasing global warming of the earth surface.
- The concentrations of greenhouse gases are not larger than oxygen and nitrogen, because neither has more than two atoms per molecule, and so they lack the internal vibrational modes that molecules with more than two atoms possess.
- Flooding of fresh water marshlands, low-lying cities, and islands with marine water is one of the major effects of global warming.
- The ultimate causes of such reasons are the technological advancement, population explosion, increasing demand of industrial expansion, deforestation, priority towards urbanization, etc.
- Due to melting of the ice peaks, there is loss of habitat near the poles. Now the polar bears are considered to be greatly endangered by the shortening of their feeding season because of declining ice packs.
- Global warming can be stopped when combined efforts are put in. For that, individuals and governments, both have to take steps towards achieving it.
- We must begin with the reduction of greenhouse gas. Furthermore, they need to monitor the consumption of gasoline. Switch to a hybrid car and reduce the release of carbon dioxide.
Moreover, citizens can choose public transport or carpool together. Subsequently, recycling must also be encouraged. People must be aware of its meaning, cause, bad effects and other things about global warming to get it eradicated from worldwide. Just small changes in everyone’s life all over the world, we can be able to stop the huge negative changes in the atmosphere by lessening the effects of global warming and even stop it a day.