Essay on climate change Issues & Challenges for Ib Acio
Climate change is a change in the climatic conditions on the Earth. There is a frequent variation in the weather however climate change is known to occur only if these variations last for a few decades. Change in the pattern of climate has become a global cause of concern. Researchers continually observe the pattern to understand the past, present as well as the future climatic conditions. A record of the climate has been generated and updated regularly based on the geological evidences. There are a large number of factors that have been contributing towards this change.
- These factors include the variations in solar energy on the Earth, volcano eruptions, orbital changes and change in plate tectonics. Besides this, human activities have also led to the changes in the climatic conditions over the past few decades.
- The new technology is also adding to the emission of carbon which is having a negative impact on the climate. Change in climatic conditions are having a negative impact on the water system too.
- It also resulted in the melting of glacier and erratic rainfall patterns that are leading to environmental imbalance.
- Men due to his need have done many activities that not only harm the environment but themselves too. Many plant and animal species have become extinct due to human activities.
- Human activities that harm the climate include deforestation, using fossil fuel, industrial waste, different type of pollution and many more.
- All these things damaging the climate and the ecosystem in a very bad way. Many species of animals and birds are on a verge of extinction due to hunting.
- The ocean level is continuously rising, glaciers are melting, carban dioxide in the air is increasing, forest and wildlife are declining, and water life is also getting disturbed due to climatic changes.
- It is calculated that if this change keeps on going then many species of plants and animals will get extinct in near future and there will be a huge loss to the environment too.
- If we don’t do anything then a day in future will come when humans will also become extinct from the earth. But instead of neglecting towards these issues we should start acting on them then we can save the earth and our future.
Though humans activities has caused great damage to our climate and ecosystem. But, it is not late to start again and try to restore what we have done until now which damage the environment drastically. As we discussed besides the natural forces, human activities have also contributed majorly to this change. Therefore, it is extremely important to take the climate change issue seriously and control activities that are contributing towards this problem.
Essay on Climate Change Vs Cultural Diversity in India
Indian culture is diverse and consist of various customs, ideas and social beliefs. India has different cultures and communities that differ in their food habits, cloths, languages, and traditions. It is the oldest and famous among the other cultures of the world. Indian literature is also a combination of various communities, traditions, customs, and religions. The diversity of Indian culture is well known worldwide. Cultural diversity is also seen in Indian Philosophy, art, music, and even Literature.
- India is a global hub of multi-cultural and multi-traditional festivals like Dussehra, Holi, Diwali, Christmas, Ramazan, Guru Nanak Jayanti, Ganesh Chaturthi etc.
- Each Indian festival tells its own cultural and national tale and is celebrated with different customs & traditions.
- In India three National festivals are also celebrated with great zeal and enthusiasm, these are the Republic Day, Independence Day, and Gandhi Jayanti.
- In India, God lives in the heart of every person. Indians hold different prayers, beliefs, and values. In the Hindu tradition, everyone worships and respects Cows, Neem tree, Banyan tree, and Peepal tree.
- In India rivers are also worshiped and have great religious significance and sentiments. Rivers such as Ganga, Yamuna Godavari, Bramhaputra, Narmada, and Tapti occasionally worshiped in India.
- The Joint family system is the prevailing system in India. In most cases, the family members consist of parents, children, children’s spouses, and offspring.
- All of these family members live together under a single roof and the eldest male member is the head of the family.
- Arranged marriages are also a part of Indian culture. Most Indians have their marriages planned by their parents. In almost all marriages in India, the bride’s family gives dowry to bridegroom.
- Weddings are certainly festive occasions in Indian culture. There is involvement of decorations, clothing, music, dance, rituals in Indian weddings.
- India is a home of many sacred and religious places like the Amarnath temple, Badrinath, Haridwar, Vaishno Devi and Varanasi, which are located in the northern part of the country. However, in the southern region, Rameshwaram temple and Sabrimala temple have great significance.
India celebrates a huge number of festivals. These festivals are very diverse because of multi-religious and multi-cultural societies in India. Indians greatly value festive occasions and the whole country joins in the celebrations irrespective of the differences. Thus, we can say that India is filled with traditions and modern culture. People have the freedom to practice any religion they want. This is why Indian culture is widespread across the world.
Essay on Climate Change Vs Save Energy – Making the world Bright
Energy conservation refers to the efforts made to reduce the consumption of energy. The energy on Earth is not in unlimited supply. Energy can take plenty of time to regenerate. This certainly makes it essential to conserve energy. Energy conservation is achievable either by using energy more efficiently or by reducing the amount of service usage. Energy conservation plays an important role in saving non-renewable energy resources. Furthermore, non-renewable energy sources take many centuries to regenerate. Moreover, humans consume energy at a faster rate than it can be produced.
- Therefore, energy conservation would lead to the preservation of these precious non-renewable sources of energy. Energy conservation will reduce the expenses related to fossil fuels.
- Fossil fuels are very expensive. Therefore, consumers are required to pay higher prices for goods and services.
- Energy conservation would certainly reduce the amount of fossil fuel being mined. This would reduce the costs of consumers.
- Energy conservation would also strengthen the economy as consumers will have more disposable income to spend on goods and services.
- Energy conservation is good for scientific research. This is because energy conservation gives researchers plenty of time to conduct researches.
- These researchers will have more time to come up with various energy solutions and alternatives. Humans must ensure to have fossil fuels as long as possible.
- This would give enough time to finding practical solutions. Another important reason for energy conservation is environmental protection.
- Another important reason for energy conservation is environmental protection. This is because various energy sources are significantly harmful to the environment. Furthermore, the burning of fossil fuels considerably pollutes the atmosphere.
- Moreover, nuclear energy creates dangerous nuclear waste. Hence, energy conservation will lead to environmental protection.
- Energy conservation would also result in the good health of humans. The pollution released due to energy sources is harmful to the human body.
- The air pollution due to fossil fuels can cause various respiratory problems. Another important way of energy conservation is by using energy-efficient products.
- Energy-efficient products are those that use lesser energy than their normal counterparts. One prominent example can be using an energy-efficient LED bulb rather than a normal light bulb.
- The sun and the winds are always part of our life. And they are abundantly available in many countries. Also, such energy is clean energy which does not emit carbon dioxide, the main culprit in global warming.
Today there are many energy- efficient alternatives for all kinds of appliances. So we have the power to make better choices for reducing our consumption of energy. Mahatma Gandhi absolutely right said, “the earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs but not every man’s greed”. Energy conservation is considered as a quick and economical way to solve the problem of power shortage.
Essay on Climate Change Vs Water Crisis in India
India has many social problems and frequent water crisis in many States is one of them. Food and drinking water are quite essential for comfortable living. India suffers from water shortage for cultivation and drinking despite the fact that many big rivers, flow through some parts of India. In the south there are the Krishna, Godavari, Cauvery, Perilya. In the north there are Ganges, Brahmaputra, Indus, Mahanadi and other rivers. Much of the water goes to the sea unused. When summer is quite severe a large reservoir of water shrinks to a pool.
- Both human beings and animals suffer for want of water. If it rains it rains and rains and there is a flood. Houses built of thatch are submerged in the water.
- The cultivated crops under deep water rot and perish. When there is inadequate yield of crops there is famine. Rice, wheat, and sugar cane are scarce.
- In fact there is scarcity of every type of grain. There are two extremes in India. The nation goes without water or there is heavy rain resulting in flood.
- Nearly 40 per cent of water demand in urban India is met by ground water. So ground water tables in most cities are falling at alarming rate of 2-3 metres per year.
- India is one of the major food growers in the world. That produces tons of quantity of food to feed its population and export the surplus that is left.
- In addition, producing this much food requires a lot of water too. The traditional method of irrigation wastes a lot of water due to evaporation, water conveyance, drainage, percolation, and the overuse of groundwater.
- Besides, most of the areas in India use traditional irrigation techniques that stress the availability of water. Due to rapid construction that uses concrete and marbles do not let the rainwater to get absorbed in the soil.
- But, if we install some mechanism in our houses that can hold the rainwater then we can recharge the groundwater.
- But, the solution to this problem lies in the extensive irrigation techniques such as micro-irrigation in which we provide water to plants and crops using a sprinkler or drip irrigation.
Delhi loses at least 30 per cent of its water due to leakages in its 83.0 km long pipeline network. Mumbai loses about 20 per cent of its water due to leakage. Instead of increasing the supply of water to meet demand, a more viable method of addressing the water crisis is to manage consumption. There are plenty of technologies there that allow to recycle rainwater that will help in saving water.
Essay on Climate Change Vs Water Conservation
We are living in this dynamic world where everything is changing at a very fast rate. The human needs are not exception to it. As the population of this world is increasing the needs and necessities of the basic things are also increasing. Water is one of the basic necessities of life. We require plenty of water every day for drinking, cooking and washing. The chief sources of potable water are the surface and ground water.
- Clean water is affecting the lives of people in India and other countries of the world in many ways, and the lack of clean water is becoming a major problem.
- Water conservation is the only way to save water in the future to solve the problem of water scarcity.
- Three-fourths of the Earth is surrounded by water, whereas very few percent of water is available for human use Since 97% of the entire water in the ocean is salt water, which is not suitable for human use.
- Only 3% of the entire water on the earth is worth use which is 70% in the form of ice layer and glacier and 1% drinking water Is available in the form of water.
If gradually all of us will start saving water saving excess water will be possible. To save ourselves from the water wastage, we must be aware of the news of the people who are struggling daily for each drop of water for their living. To spread awareness, we should promote programs related to water conservation. We should encourage family members, children, friends, neighbors and co-workers to adopt this process to get positive results.
Essay on Climate Change Vs PLASTIC POLLUTION
Plastic pollution has become a major threat to our environment in today’s times and it is likely to make things worse in future. Plastic pollution is damaging our environment rapidly. Waste plastic material is hard to dispose and contributes to major pollution on earth. This has become a cause of global concern. The increasing use of plastic bags, utensils and furniture, the amount of plastic waste has also gone up and so has the plastic pollution.
- Plastic waste is entering the water bodies such as rivers, seas and even oceans and is polluting our water drastically. This water is then supplied at our places.
- No matter how much we filter this water it can never get back to its pure form. The government of India has also banned the use of plastic bags in many states however the same has never been implemented properly.
- Plastic bags cause health problems in human beings as well as animals. Waste food and vegetable and fruit peels are usually thrown away in plastic bags.
- Animals often gulp pieces of plastic while having food. This causes various diseases in them. The government has put a ban on the use of plastic bags in many states of India but people continue to use these as these are still available in the market.
- Plastic Pollution is affecting the whole earth, including mankind, wildlife and aquatic life. It is spreading like a disease. We all must realize the harmful impact it has on our lives so as to avoid it as soon as possible.
- Plastic pollutes our water. Each year, tonnes of plastic are dumped into the ocean. As plastic does not dissolve, it remains in the water thereby hampering its purity. This means we won’t be left with clean water in the coming years.
- We must take major steps to prevent it. We must use alternatives like cloth bags and paper bags instead of using plastic bags. If we are purchasing plastic, we must reuse it.
We must avoid drinking bottled water which contributes largely to plastic pollution these days. The government must also take strict measures to ensure these are not used. It is of utmost importance to spread awareness about the harmful effects of plastic waste on our environment. This can be done by way of television and radio and social media. This should help people understand the seriousness of the issue.
Essay on Climate Change Vs Global Warming
Global warming refers to the rise in surface temperature of the earth due to the green-house effect created by green-house gases. Global warming is a big environmental and social issue all over the world. It is believed that increasing level of carbon dioxide gas and other greenhouse gases on the earth are the main reasons of heating the atmosphere of earth. If it is not noticed and solved immediately it would cause end of life on the earth. Global warming is the main and only reason of rising sea level, flooding, changes in weather patterns, storms, cyclone, lack of food etc.
- It has been researched that increasing emissions of CO2 in the atmosphere is the cause of the nonstop burning of fossil fuels, usage of fertilizers, cutting forests, extra use of electricity, gases used in refrigerator etc.
- Ozone layer causes protection to the earth surface by inhibiting the harmful sun rays to coming to the earth. Gradually declining ozone layer is the big indication of increasing global warming of the earth surface.
- The concentrations of greenhouse gases are not larger than oxygen and nitrogen, because neither has more than two atoms per molecule, and so they lack the internal vibrational modes that molecules with more than two atoms possess.
- Flooding of fresh water marshlands, low-lying cities, and islands with marine water is one of the major effects of global warming.
- The ultimate causes of such reasons are the technological advancement, population explosion, increasing demand of industrial expansion, deforestation, priority towards urbanization, etc.
- Due to melting of the ice peaks, there is loss of habitat near the poles. Now the polar bears are considered to be greatly endangered by the shortening of their feeding season because of declining ice packs.
- Global warming can be stopped when combined efforts are put in. For that, individuals and governments, both have to take steps towards achieving it. We must begin with the reduction of greenhouse gas.
Furthermore, they need to monitor the consumption of gasoline. Switch to a hybrid car and reduce the release of carbon dioxide. Moreover, citizens can choose public transport or carpool together. Subsequently, recycling must also be encouraged. People must be aware of its meaning, cause, bad effects and other things about global warming to get it eradicated from worldwide. Just small changes in everyone’s life all over the world, we can be able to stop the huge negative changes in the atmosphere by lessening the effects of global warming and even stop it a day.
Essay on Climate Change Vs Delhi Pollution
Pollution is one of the major issues causing concern not only in India but across the world. Delhi, the national capital of the country, is being tagged as one of the most heavily polluted capital cities in the world. It is the world’s worst city in terms of air pollution, with an unhealthy air quality index for the majority of the year. Thus, today, one of the biggest threats to the welfare of the people of Delhi.
- There has been a huge rise in the vehicular population, in spite of the metro railways, aggravating traffic congestion and increasing air and noise pollution.
- There has also been a number of diesel vehicles plying on the roads, which are largely responsible for the air pollution.
- Citizens need to start the public transport more and more to reduce the pollution level in the city. Govt. has ensured to increase the no. of buses and auto-rickshaws in the capital as well.
- Stubble burning in Punjab and Haryana in northwest India has been cited as a major cause of air pollution in Delhi.
- Particulate matter (PM) is basically a mixture of extremely small particles and liquid droplets like acids, chemicals, gas, water, metals, soil dust particles, etc. the measurement of which gives an idea of the pollution of a city.
- There are mobile enforcement teams deployed at various locations for monitoring polluting vehicles.
- Citizens need to avoid all kinds of contact near construction sites. These sites release gases which makes the air very harmful for eyes and for the respiratory system.
- The above measures are known by many of us yet the level of national capital remains at 11th in the ranking of WHO for the most polluted cities.
- The practicing of the above measures is the need for hour and to live happier days with our loved one is we all demand.
I whole heartedly appeal to every citizen to take steps to make pollution free capital, a pollution free India. With a view to reducing vehicular pollution, there has been a ban imposed on the plying of more than 15 years old commercial or transport vehicles. Steps are taken to transform garbage into compost by developing new sanitary land-fill sites. It’s not that the Government is not taking steps to control pollution in Delhi, But we need proper and efficient implementation of plans and programmes and policies launched by the Government to make it successful.
Essay on Climate Change Vs Earthquake Safety
Earthquake occurs due to disturbance in the tectonic plates that lie under the surface of Earth. The rapid release of energy creates seismic waves that travel through the earth. Earthquakes are mostly brief but can cause mass destruction within seconds. Earthquake under a sea surface can also trigger a Tsunami which causes large scale destruction along the shoreline. Earthquakes can’t be avoided though, they can be forecasted and a warning could be issued.
- Earthquakes are caused mostly by natural reasons however sometimes these can even be man-made. Nuclear bombing, building of dams and mining are few such human activities that can cause earthquake.
- Volcanic eruptions are a common cause of earthquake. Areas that are faced with frequent volcanic activities are more prone to earthquakes.
- The severity of the Earthquake depends upon the magnitude and distance from the epicenter. Also, the local geographical conditions play a role in determining the severity.
- Ground rupture refers to the visible breaking of the Earth’s surface. Another significant effect of Earthquake is landslides. Landslides occur due to slope instability.
- This slope instability happens because of Earthquake. Earthquakes can cause soil liquefaction. This happens when water-saturated granular material loses its strength.
- Therefore, it transforms from solid to a liquid. Consequently, rigid structures sink into the liquefied deposits. Earthquakes can result in fires.
- This happens because Earthquake damages the electric power and gas lines. Above all, it becomes extremely difficult to stop a fire once it begins.
Essay on Climate Change Vs Noise Pollution
Noise pollution is a form of pollution which has become a threat for the society nowadays. Noise pollution is when the level of noise increases more than the normal level. The world health organization says that any sound less than 70 decibel is not hazardous to the living organisms. The excessive amount of noise out in the environment makes it unsafe to live in. The unpleasant sounds and noise can cause an imbalance in nature.
- As the world is turning to technology for their comfort, at the same time, harming us. The industries no matter how big or small contribution to noise pollution.
- Similarly, the increasing use of automobiles is a major cause of noise pollution. Not only automobiles but other transport vehicles like airplanes, buses, bikes, trucks and more also are a part of it.
- Social events like marriages, parties, and religious functions in places like clubs, pubs, temples, halls etc. create a lot of nuisance in the residential areas.
- In addition, the construction activities like mining, the building of flyovers, bridges and more also produce great noise. Noise pollution causes a number of hearing problems.
- High levels of noise damage the Eardrums and sometimes even cause loss of hearing. Noise pollution primarily affects a person’s hearing, leading to hearing impairment to even permanent loss of hearing.
- It causes an increase in blood pressure, hypertension, fatigue, and cardiovascular diseases. Noise pollution also disturbs a person’s state of mind causing disturbed sleep patterns, stress, aggressive behavior, decreased concentration, and poor quality of life.
- Noise disturbance is extremely dangerous to elderly people and pregnant women. Not only humans but noise pollution also impacts wildlife too.
- Pets become aggressive or afraid when they hear a loud noise. Noise pollution can impact their listening skills and cause changes in their behavior, starting with a pet at home.
It leads to changes in their hearing due to which their communication also becomes affected. They are unable to hear properly during migration as they require sound to find their way. Noise pollution also affects crop production. We must make people aware of the impact of noise pollution and also encourage them to adopt ways that do not contribute to noise pollution. If everyone starts doing the same on an individual level, we will surely be able to reduce noise pollution.
Earthquake safety essay in english 250 words :
Long Essay on Earthquake safety essay in english
Earthquakes happen without warning and we actually don’t know when the next major earthquake will happen, but we can take action now to prepare to survive it and minimize impact. Preparedness starts with a plan. Earthquake occurs due to disturbance in the tectonic plates that lie under the surface of Earth. The rapid release of energy creates seismic waves that travel through the earth. Earthquakes are mostly brief but can cause mass destruction within seconds. Earthquake under a sea surface can also trigger a Tsunami which causes large scale destruction along the shoreline.
- Earthquakes can’t be avoided though, they can be forecasted and a warning could be issued. Earthquakes are caused mostly by natural reasons however sometimes these can even be man-made.
- Nuclear bombing, building of dams and mining are few such human activities that can cause earthquake. Volcanic eruptions are a common cause of earthquake.
- Areas that are faced with frequent volcanic activities are more prone to earthquakes. The severity of the Earthquake depends upon the magnitude and distance from the epicenter.
- Also, the local geographical conditions play a role in determining the severity. Ground rupture refers to the visible breaking of the Earth’s surface.
- Another significant effect of Earthquake is landslides. Landslides occur due to slope instability. This slope instability happens because of Earthquake. Earthquakes can cause soil liquefaction.
- This happens when water-saturated granular material loses its strength. Therefore, it transforms from solid to a liquid. Consequently, rigid structures sink into the liquefied deposits.
- Earthquakes can result in fires. This happens because Earthquake damages the electric power and gas lines. Above all, it becomes extremely difficult to stop a fire once it begins.