Essay on Right to Privacy in India
The needs of human beings start from the most primary needs such as food, clothing and shelter to secondary needs such as education, work and recreation and further on to wants such as entertainment, good food, leisure travel, etc. The question that must be asked is where does privacy fit into all these needs and wants? A basic degree of privacy is a primary need in any civilized society. As the degree of privacy increases, it evolves into a secondary need and further to a want. Right to Privacy refers to respecting and ensuring the privacy of the individual.
- The Supreme Court has cut straight to the heart of the issue in the Aadhaar petitions. On behalf of all Indian citizens, it asks the current government to address the most basic questions in a democracy governed by the law.
- what are the privacy rights of its citizens and are they protected equally, with the same justice for the rich and the poor alike?
- The right to privacy suggests that it is completely the choice of an individual that which parts of his life he chooses to disclose to the society.
- Nobody has the right to interfere in someone’s life without his permission. Every individual has his private family and professional life and only he has the sole right to disclose it to others.
- Technological developments have greatly impacted the privacy of the people. Security and anti-terrorism are the hot topics for global governments that consider the privacy of individuals as a hindrance in their missions to fight terrorism.
- As a result, intelligence services are granted full rights to breach the security and privacy of the people thus ultimately prying into the life of people.
- Aadhar initiative requires collection of personal data from residents of India, and this has resulted in controversy regarding its potential to be missed.
- This is so because it requires collection of biometric details like iris scanning and finger prints which are essentially crucial details and could be misused.
- Cyber space is a vulnerable space and is prone to threat & cyber security architecture is also not very strong in India. However, Aadhar in itself is a well-intentioned program so as to plug leakages and ensure financial inclusion.
This will lead to better targeting of subsidies. With the use of the internet, in this age, social networks such as Facebook and Twitter are driving new forms of social interaction and the availability has raised privacy concerns. Towards this the government must strengthen cyber security system and assure by means of legislation that private details would be maintained private against violation of right to privacy.
Social media is a boon for human civilization because it has brought the whole world together at one place where individuals can share their views and ideas and such interactions are beneficial for the people as it helps in increasing social skills. In today’s world, technology has made our life easier because with the help of technology we can learn new things and meet new people all over the world.
- Since then there has been a huge rise in the dounloads of its alternative apps including Signal. In response to global criticism, WhatsApp head Will Cathcart explained , with end-to-end encryption, they cannot see the users private chats or calls and neither can Facebook.
- WhatsApp has also given users time till 8th of February 2021 to accept the new terms and conditions. WhatsApp says it is collecting new information from users device such as Battery level, app version, browser information, mobile network, IP address and phone number etc.
- It also declares that the data in some cases can be transferred to the USA or other parts where Facebook’s affiliate companies are based.
- This new update has increased a lot of concern over the privacy of the people that use this application.